Sunday, May 2, 2010

I love my Mom!

I am sorry it takes me so long to post a new card on my blog, I just get too many things going at the same time.  I also find that the best time for me to work on my cards is in the early morning while my husband is still asleep.  Of course that only happens on the weekends.  We recently bought a boat and we try to go fishing one day on the weekends so I am having to work around that too.  I love spending time with my husband out on the lake.  It is nice to be able to just fish and talk for a few hours.  We have started laughing again and really enjoy being with just each other.  I dont know how some of you do it creating a card every day and sometimes even  more!  I picked the Tilda I wanted to use on my Mom's Mother's Day card.  Since my mom lives on the Oregon coast and I live in Austin Texas we only get to be together on the phone.  I really do think about my mom a lot and wonder what she is up to, so the Barefoot Tilda I thought was perfect.  Then I picked out the papers.  I had gotten a recent set of papers from Paper Pizazz called Little Prints and Patterns.  I chose the green and purple toned papers and decided to contrast it with pink and purple cardstock from Archivers.  I used a recent scetch I had seen on line and here are the results.



I'm sorry I forgot to keep track of the copic colors I used.  I was trying to be more organized this time.  I started out by getting everything out that I would need to do this card, and as I used something I put it away so I would have more space to work.  So guess what, when I got done coloring Tilda I put the colors away.  When I tried to go back and pull them out I wasnt sure which ones I had used so instead of giving you the wrong colors I will promise you that I will try to be sure to write down the colors from now on.
Well I have one my Mother's Day card to make, this one is for my daughter and I plan on using the new stamp from Wimsie Doodle Swing Koale.  When I first saw it, it made me think of my wonderful grandson so I am using it to make her card to remind her what a great Mom she is.


10 comments:

  1. Garnet
    This is truly a lovely card
    Could you be my mom LOL
    Just kidding
    Have a great week and your blog looks awesome
    Lynn in Lancaster Ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mom will truly love the card you created for her. Darling with Tilda in the window and the lacy effect! Great job Garnet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job. So well colored.I love how you put it all together. You might try writing you color down on a Post-It note pad as you use the colors, then put it inside the card when finished. It works for me. Just a suggestion. Thanks for sharing. It is a Great card.
    Have a GREAT DAY!!!
    Bob L.
    www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card. Love the dragonflies on the lattice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card. So cute to see Tilda through the window. Finished beautifully on the inside!
    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Garnet...I love the way Tilda shows through the window. I've been thinking about using a similar technique...so may stamps and new ideas...and just never enough time, huh?!! Beautiful card...your mom will love it!! Pat Frank (VA)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Garnet! I'm sure your Mom is going to treasure it! I love how you did the window in it, and Tilda is adorable!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Garnet! Your mom is going to LOVE it. Love your lacey window :o)
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a sweet Tilda card and your coloring is so delightful. Thanks for sharing :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you can see Tilda through the window on this card! Great job you've done here!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete