Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Birthday!

I wanted to make a Birthday Card for my Step Daughter, so I started by picking the Tilda for the front of the card.  I had just received the Spellcaster Tilda and really wanted to use her right away.  Then I looked thru the Card Quotes CD I had gotten from Hot Off the Press and picked the sentiment for the inside. I wanted the card to be pink so I  looked thru my papers and picked out all pink tones.  I had decided I was going to do a card with multipule layers so  I  looked thru all the pictures of cards I have saved on my computer.  I have a hard time doing more then just one or two layers on a card, but I found one that I thought I could do.  The hardest part for me is mixing patterns, I guess I just keep hearing my Mom saying "You don't mix stripes and prints together!"   Next I colored Tilda to match my papers.  I decided to add yellow into the colors so I pulled some yellow cardstock.  I decided to use the pink rose, pink toned gems and the pink ribbon.   Once I printed the sentiment onto cardstock I took pink chalk and highlited over the words. I had everything layed out on my work table and I started putting it all together. I'll admit there was suppose to be one more strip of colored paper on this card but with the size of Tilda she took more space on the card and when I tried to put the other layer on it was too much.  I really like the way this card turned out.  This was the first card that I actually feel like I created it in the right order.  It worked so much better for me to pick the stamp, the sentiment, then the color, the layout, then the papers and last the ebellishments. and put it all together.   It felt so good when she opened the card and was so suprised by how great it looked and that she just kept looking at it seeing all the little things I put onto the card.  This is why I spend so much time choosing and making my cards for that particular person and occasion!  Please let me know what you think.  I almost forgot to put the copic colors I used here they are:

Hair  Y02, Y32
Wand  E25, RV23
Dress  RV04, RV02, RV00
Shoes  C3




9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Garnet and a great lay out.
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s gorgeous Garnet!!!
    Hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Garnet, love the colors!
    Hugs,
    Silvie from France

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Your daughter will love it!
    Blessings,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Garnet, you have done a lovely card. Great papers and lovely colouring. hugs Shelley

    http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card, Garnet. I love how you told us exactly how you planned and did your loving work on this project. It does sound like a good system to keep from being "overwhelmed" by all our supplies!! Thanks, Linda S. in NE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, I love the pretty papers.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card. Love the colors and the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, so pretty. I love all the pinks!
    hugs,
    shell

    ReplyDelete